Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sinking ship..........

Yesterday we got our midterm grades for school.  My Nursing Fundamentals class: I'm failing with a 77%, my health assessment class: I'm currently getting an 89% (which I'm happy with).  I was so upset when I got my Fundamentals grade which came along with an email from my teacher saying that I needed to meet with her about my chances of passing.  I did some figuring on my own and determined that I can only miss 22 more points from now till the end in order to pass with an 84%.  What really hurt me was this last exam.  It just so happened that I had to move the weekend before and didn't get a chance to study like I should have. 

They told us when we started the program that we needed to say "goodbye" to our lives, meaning that nothing else could matter while in school.  The problem I'm having with that is that life is still happening around me.  With Brett's death and the move.....those are things I can't control.  I had no choice but to move when I did because I couldn't afford my rent.  I had no choice.  That exam grade REALLY hurt my overall grade and I feel that's what has put me in this position.

I'm so stressed, sad and overwhelmed.  If I do fail Fundamentals I have to re-apply to the program all over again (for the third time) to re-start in the Fall.  They only take a select group of repeats so I'd be competing with the others from my class that are in the same boat as me. 

I hate this.

1 comment:

  1. Throw out the anchor so you can stop sinking Nicki. You can do this. Brett knew you could do this as well. Nursing school is hard and YOU can do this, you are very smart, knock 'em dead.

    ReplyDelete