Tuesday, May 4, 2010

All moved and back online....

Its been quite a while since I've written.  That's do to the fact that I've been moving.....as I sit here now, I am all moved into my new apartment and back online as of about an hour ago.  I moved on May 1st and 2nd.  The first 2 nights here I was so sad because I felt like I left my home behind.  The only "good" thing is that I don't have to drive by my old place.  I now live right in the front of my complex where before I lived off the main road (my apartment faced the main drive of our complex).  I basically turn into the complex and right into my apartment now.  I do glance down the street everytime I go to leave and I can just barely see our old place.  I know they've been in there because the blinds are pulled up and all the lights are on.  It devestates me that I had to move but it just simply wasn't possible for me to stay.  I'm saving $300/month rent at this place vs the other.  I still don't have a job so I don't even know how I'm going to pay THIS rent so I sure as hell wouldn't have been able to pay the previous rent. 

Its just sad to me because this place feels so small and foreign to me.  I miss our HOME......it felt like the final piece of the puzzle to Brett's death.  Like now everything was really over.  When I still lived at our old apartment, I felt like I was holding onto everything....now it feels gone.  It's hard to explain but its getting a little better as the days go on.  I just need to adjust to the new place.  I've been so incrediblly busy with school that I haven't unpacked a single box.......that, I'm sure will help as well.  I hope.  This is the third apartment I've lived in at Ashgrove Apartments.  We moved here (on Dogwood...our first place, a one bedroom like the one I'm in now) a week before we got married.  Then in 2008 we moved into our 2 bedroom which was very exciting for us because it gave us 350 more square feet!! now.....I'm here, back to a one bedroom.  It's strange to still live in the same complex after all these years but its convient for me and overall I DO like the place.  I've got so many memories here both happy and sad.  I said goodbye to my neighboors who all knew about Brett's death because they were home when the ambulance came that day and when I got home from the hospital.  I will miss them.  Here, I don't know anyone who lives around me (except my mom lives one street over).  I have to get used to the sounds, sights and feelings that come with this new "home".

No comments:

Post a Comment