Tuesday, March 30, 2010

This is day 5.....

Today marks the fifth day I have spent without my love by my side.  I feel ok when I am at home in the comfort of my own surroudings.  Yesterday I ventured out to see the people I work with, it was nice but I had a hard time because the last time I was at work....Brett was alive and doing well.  I was so exhaused when I got home all I could do was stare at the TV.  My dogs have been a good distraction because they need my constant attention.  It's also nice because they haven't left my side since all this happened.  When Brett was alive, he took care of the dogs most of the time because I was always busy with work and school.  They always slept with him, so I was pretty surprised when they started sleeping with me. 

I also wanted to quickly explain the title of my blog....."Cancer and widowhood cannot...."  I got that title from a poem I read years ago called "cancer cannot".  I have added this poem below to explain my point....

"Cancer is so limited. . .

It cannot cripple Love.
It cannot shatter Hope.
It cannot corrode Faith.
It cannot destroy Peace.
It cannot kill Friendship.
It cannot suppress Memories.
It cannot silence Courage.
It cannot invade the Soul.
It cannot steal eternal Life.
It cannot conquer the Spirit
- auther unknown

1 comment:

  1. That poem brings tears to my eyes. Your courage is a force to be reckoned with my dear!

    ReplyDelete