Friday, April 9, 2010

Yesterday marked 2 weeks....

Yesterday marked exactly two weeks since Brett has passed away.  He died at 4:22pm on the 25th, so everytime that time hits I swear I feel like I can't breathe.  Its almost like I'm dying with him.  It feels like a billion years since I've seen him last.  Sometimes I feel like I can't remember him.  Two Christmas's ago Brett got me a video camera, there is about an hour and a half of video footage of us through the past year and a half.  I have not watched the video yet because I know I'm going to loose it when I do.  I know that I want to eventually because I want to see us together, it just hurts to think of it.

Something strange happened to me yesterday.  I was working on homework and I had to use my medical dictionary.  When I opened it up, a un-scratched lottery ticket fell out.  I scratched it and I won 5 dollars.  The strange part is that why would an un-scratched lotto ticket be in my med dictionary?? I loved scratch offs and Brett always got them for me.  I ALWAYS did them, never set one aside, least of all in a book I hardly used or looked at until now.  It was almost like Brett gave it to me to cheer me up because he knew how much I loved them.  I have to believe he's still with me, I just HAVE to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment