Thursday, April 1, 2010

LONG day today....

Today was an extremely LONG, extremely exhausting day for me.  Today was supposed to be my last day at work.  Brett and I had been counting down and preparing for this day for the past 3 months since I found out I was accepted into the Nursing program.  My bosses wanted me to come up there for my "party" (if you can call it that now).  They had a luncheon for me and gave me a nice card that everyone had signed wishing me luck with school.  Bless their hearts for everything they have given me the 7 1/2 years I worked there.  I was so exhausted though and didn't really want to be there.  I stayed until it was "safe" to leave.  After I left work I had to stop by the apartment complex office to see if it was possible for me to get into a one bedroom apartment.  They said it was possible because my lease was up as of May 1st anyways.  So I had to put my 30 day notice into them today and then I will go see available apartments next week probably.  After THAT I had to go get my uniforms for school.  That was hard because again, I didn't want to be there.  All of the excitement has GONE from the whole Nursing thing.  Now, I am doing this for my own survival (and to give back of course).  Brett and I were so excited about school so I am not excited about it now that he's gone.

I kept thinking all day.....if he was still alive, today would have been a great day for us....the big celebration day.  That made me super sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment